We deliver savings at every level of your real estate strategy. (Whether you’re going in, or getting out.)
Full Tenant Representation Service
If you’re looking for a property, we will help you with sourcing a suitable commercial property; providing you with up-to-the-minute research on market rental rates, negotiating the lease terms on your behalf, and much more. Our services include:
- Developing a property brief suitable for your current and future requirements – we think about size, location, timing, budget and other options you may not have thought of based on workplace best practice and evolution
- Liaising with landlords and leasing agents to solicit suitable properties and offers
- Reviewing and shortlisting the property options against the business goals you’ve defined
- Inspecting shortlisted properties to identify how the space might work for you
- Providing market information (rental rates and incentives) on the preferred location, summarising the costs involved
- Negotiating Heads of Agreement with landlord and/or their agent to secure the very best financial and leasing terms possible
- Reviewing the lease document to ensure it covers off our “hot points” in terms of potential costs and liabilities
- Providing recommendations on other terms to be included within the lease – we make sure you’re not exposed!
- Liaising with your solicitor and other professional advisers right up until the moment you get the keys.
Remember, we only ever represent tenants, never landlords. We are always independent and conflict-free in the transactions that we recommend.
When you’ve found the perfect commercial property, it’s time to pick up the phone. As fully independent tenant specialists, Eve Property can help you to negotiate the fairest lease terms and get the best possible outcome from your property. Things like:
- Rent – we help you negotiate a market rent (and not a dollar more)
- Term – stay as long as you need; have the flexibility to leave early if your plans change
- Rent review – control your overhead by knowing when and how your rent will increase
- Outgoings charges – we think expenses should be legal, transparent and reasonable
- Make good obligations – the right clause upfront can save you thousands of dollars at lease end
- Repairs and maintenance – we limit your exposure while making sure the landlord meets their obligations, too.
Review Heads of Agreement/Offer to Lease
Happy to negotiate yourself but want to make sure that the terms you’re negotiating are fair? We can review the commercial terms for you and provide sound and savvy advice on the type of concessions you should be pushing for. We provide clear research on market rental rates and incentives, and ensure the terms comply with the Retail Leases Act (if applicable).
Don’t just stick with the same old, same old. If your lease is due to expire, it pays to see what else is out there before you sign a renewal lease. We can appraise the market, check out alternative properties and weigh up the cost of relocating. In the unlikely event your current landlord is asking over the odds for your renewal lease, you’ll have all the information you need to negotiate a better deal. Because knowledge equals power, right?
Is the proposed rent reflective of the market? It should be. We can determine if the landlord is asking too much and get you a fairer deal. Don’t waste time on tough and tricky rent negotiations with no guarantee of success. We deal with the nitty gritty – so you can get on with the day job.
Make Good Negotiations
Tenants aren’t permitted to just walk away when the lease ends. The sting in the tail is that you’ll have to “make good” anything that has deteriorated during your occupancy and return the premises to its original state. But repainting, re-carpeting and reinstating fixtures can be costly. If there’s no evidence to show what the property looked like at the beginning of the lease, the landlord could ask you to put the property in a better condition than when you moved in. It’s shocking.
How can we help? Two ways. First, we’ll work hard to make sure that you’re only liable for reasonable “make good” obligations when we negotiate your new lease. Then, at lease end, we’ll crack the whip and ensure the landlord sticks to the letter of your lease agreement. No beating around the bush. Just a nice, clean, minimum-cost lease exit.
Commercial tenants don’t just pay the rent. They pay other expenses, too, such as the cost of security, garbage collection and servicing the air con. The lease sets out what you have to pay and how your proportion is calculated. But fair warning. The outgoings clause can be pretty wordy. And you might have to dredge through files of receipts to get to the tasty info (the bit that shows the landlord is charging you too much.)
So here’s the thing: we can get all the backup information from the landlord, analyse the charges and make sure you are not paying for someone else’s costs. We’re pretty good at it, too. We don’t want to blow our own trumpet, but there’s a reason why our clients keep coming back to us. Because our advice makes a difference. We keep the cash where it firmly belongs – in your pocket, not the landlord’s.
Early Lease Exit
Need to get out of your lease early? We don’t want to burst your bubble but often, it’s not as simple as you might think. We specialise in occupier disposals and can advise you on the best route for an early exit. This might include finding a new tenant or sub-tenant to take over the liabilities of the lease or negotiating a surrender with the Landlord – whatever strikes the right balance between reducing your financial liabilities and hitting the timescales of your move.